Firefighters on Sunday recovered the bodies of three elderly people from the ruins of a house that was destroyed in a blaze in Oropos, eastern Attica.
The victims are two women aged 83 and a man aged 82.
According to initial reports, the blaze was most likely caused by a short circuit in a refrigerator that was located in the courtyard of the holiday home.
The fire was initially spotted by an 84-year-old man staying at the house, who tried to alert the other three.
The 82-year-old man is believed to have tried to run out of the house, but was crushed by a piece of debris from the roof, which collapsed in the blaze.
The two women are believed to have died of asphyxiation.
The only survivor of the fire, the 84-year-old, is receiving treatment for minor injuries at a local hospital.