Greeks warned not to eat wild mushrooms

Greeks warned not to eat wild mushrooms

More than 40 people have been poisoned by wild mushrooms in Greece over the last month, one of whom has died, health authorities said on Wednesday.

The General Secretariat for Public Health warned Greeks not to consume wild mushrooms. It said 42 people have fallen ill since the beginning of September, including a toddler who remains in intensive care. A 44-year-old woman died after eating wild mushrooms, officials said. The others received hospital treatment.

There are some 2,000 types of mushroom in Greece but the muscaria and phalloides are the most common.

Πηγή: ekathimerini.com

Εγγραφείτε στο newsletter μας

Ενημερωθείτε πρώτοι για τα τελευταία νέα, αποκλειστικά ρεπορταζ και ειδήσεις απο όλο τον κόσμο