PPC employee in critical condition after electrocution

A 30-year-old Public Power Corporation (PPC) employee was reported in extremely critical condition on Friday in Rethymno Hospital on the island of Crete, where he was admitted the previous night to the intensive care unit after he was electrocuted while carrying out work on an electricity pole in Dafnes, Heraklion. The hospital director told ANA-MPA that the man was in extremely critical condition, with severe burns to 50 percent of his body and serous damage to organs, including extensive damage to his muscular system, and would be transferred to a burn unit in Athens.

The PPC is conducting an investigation into the circumstances of the accident, given that the injured employee is a driver and not an aerial cable technician.

Εγγραφείτε στο newsletter μας

Ενημερωθείτε πρώτοι για τα τελευταία νέα, αποκλειστικά ρεπορταζ και ειδήσεις απο όλο τον κόσμο