- Investments in Greek industry are projected to rise by 2.5 pct this year, a report by the Institute for Economic and Industrial Research (IOBE) stated on Tuesday. This prediction spectacularly revises a previous forecast made in October 2010 of a 9.8 pct decline in investments this year.
- The Athens Stock Exchange on Tuesday announced a board decision to temporarily suspend trading in Tegopoulos Publications' shares for a period of up to 10 days, after the company failed to publish first quarter results based on internatinal accounting standards.
- The five Greek-listed largest newspaper and magazine publishing groups reported losses totaling 27.5 million euros in the first quarter of 2011, up 32.9 pct compared with the same period last year, while revenues were down around 31 pct during the same period.
- Inform Lycos on Tuesday reported higher first quarter results, with consolidated pre-tax profits rising 2.4 pct to 1.1 million euros, while EBITDA rose 6.0 pct to 3.3 million euros.
- Intralot on Tuesday reported a 53.7 pct decline in its after and tax and minorities profits to 7.0 million euros in the first quarter of 2011, negatively affected by foreign exchange changes worth 5.8 million euros.
- Cargo transport production fell 13.6 pct in 2010 to 33.7 million euros, while the damage index soared to 36.8 pct from 18.4 pct in 2009, a report by the Association of Insurance Companies of Greece showed on Tuesday.
- Athens Water on Tuesday reported a significant increase in its first quarter pre-tax profits to 7.14 million euros, from 2.235 million euros in the same period last year.